VirtueMart is a complete Ecommerce solution, and must be used together with the Content Management System Joomla!. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, which means that basically, they are free for download and use. Joomla! and VirtueMart are both written in PHP and made for easy use in a PHP / MySQL environment.
VirtueMart is the leading Online-Shop Solution for Joomla! with over 2 million downloads. It is reported to be the third most popular Ecommerce program in the world and is actually used in more websites than osCommerce, PrestaShop, and OpenCart.
VirtueMart supports an unlimited number of products and categories, it also permits the sale of downloadable products and offers a catalog mode where the Shopping Cart features are turned off. VirtueMart supports multiple prices for a single product, based around shopper groups or a quantity range, and permits the use of a variety of different payment gateways. Because VirtueMart is an Open Source Ecommerce solution, all the application code is openly visible in PHP. This allows PHP developers to view, update or customize the operation of the Shopping Cart. In addition, VirtueMart itself offers simplified templates (called ‘fly pages’) structure that allows various shopping and cart page(s) to be edited as standard HTML and CSS.
The features and the power of virtuemart:
- Greetings in your native language
- Structurize your shop with nested categories
- A complete description of your product
- Offers multiple media to your products
- Collect customers’ feedback
- Individualize the shopping experience
- Let the shopper choose the product’s currency
- Allow your customers to check out as guests or create an account
- Increase your cross-selling
- Customize the account registration
- Powerful SEM/SEO features
- Manage your orders
- Promote your products
- Offer coupon codes
- Add new features to your shop
I have worked with Future Profilez on a range of design concepts and webite development and have found his service to be creative, timely and accurate. His input and suggestions have helped us develop and enhance our marketing material on a range of projects, and to a high standard of production.